Magickal Properties of Yarrow...
Yarrow is bound to Air and Venus.
As an Air herb, it is particularly useful in spells and rituals done aloud, so that the words can be carried on the air. Any herb under the influence of Venus makes for a potent love herb for spells and rituals, and Yarrow is no exception.
- When drunk as a tea, Yarrow is said to increase psychic powers and powers of perception. - When flowers or leaves are burned, if the smoke goes up, it's a good omen, but if it goes down, it's a bad omen.
- Use Yarrow flowers in love sachets and charms.
- Place Yarrow flowers under your pillow before sleep and your lover will appear in your dreams.
-Hang flowers over your bridal bed to insure love that lasts at least 7 years.
- Use Yarrow in spells and rituals to draw the attention of long lost friends or lovers.
- Yarrow is a well-known protection and purification herb.
- Carried in the hand it is believed to ward off fear.
- Try carrying in a silk or velvet bag when going to a job interview or making a speech to reduce anxiety. Carried in a pocket or purse,
- Yarrow reverses negativity and protects from hexes. Add to the bath to protect from evil or harm.
- Throw Yarrow flowers across the threshold to protect the house from evil.
- Tie to an infant's cradle for protection from harmful forces.
Yarrow carries the name Achillea because the Greek God Achilles in mythology is storied to have given the plant to his troops to stop bleeding in battle. Unfortunately, it didn't stop the bleeding when he hurt his own heel, and he died from his wounds. The modern terms "Achilles tendon" and "Achilles heel" originate from this myth.
Yarrow sticks (dried Yarrow stems) were used by the ancients for I Ching divination for centuries. Yarrow was considered a spiritual plant that was highly suitable for for this purpose. Sadly in modern times, coins have largely replaced Yarrow Sticks for this type of divination..