Saturday, December 14, 2013

Potato & Lima bean luncheon

So I've decided to start making note of my recipes... why?
Because they're really good.. but mainly because I want to write for About.com hehehee ;)

I've been Vegetarian for years but try to eat Vegan as much as possible.
Last night for some reason I put a pound of lima beans out for an overnight soak.. Silly huh? No plans in mind for them... I searched recipes this morning and a few looked good - but mainly I knew I would go with my own creation

Lima beans
One Potato (bake & then cut in cubes)
Onion
1 clove Garlic
green pepper
Cooked in Olive oil
Seasoned with salt, pepper, Basil, and parsley

Now keep in mind - I made this for myself. My husband & daughter eat meat. So my typical meals are fast & easy, or a side dish for them.
The ingredients are listed but you're going want to use the amounts you're comfortable with.

So I started off getting everything cut up & ready. (onion, garlic, green pepper)
While doing that I pre-cooked my potato in the microwave for about 4 min - this depends on your microwave & the size of your potato - let cool a little then cut in cubes
Heat about 1 Tbsp of Olive oil.. then saute your onion & garlic until soft - it doesn't take long!
Add all your other ingredients except the green pepper. (I add it last when everything is done)
Cook until everything is all warmed up & the potatoes get a little brown. Stirring occasionally
Add your diced green peppers.
Serve & enjoy!!

This can easily be adapted into a family sized meal -- Nutritious & fantastic!!
Citrine Waters



Displaying IMG_20131214_131130_555.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment