Friday, July 6, 2018

Yes, I have a real job

I do..
I was a stay at home Mom for a long time & did odd freelance work on my computer, did some art, sewing.. seriously a lot of different things...
Now my daughter is 16, driving, and does really well on her schoolwork independently.. so I got a standard job. We need to make home improvements, travel more, and well buy other stuff too.

I eased my way back into the world at Walmart with a part-time job. I'm not comfortable working with a lot of people so I worked as (what they called) CAP. Basically bringing out stock & refilling shelves. Kind of physical work but it was easy enough. Well of course it got frustrating after awhile because it would always end it that in addition to doing your own job, I would end up fixing a lot of what others did wrong as well. So I transferred to the Bakery. It started out great until we lost people that were there to help, and they never got replaced. Over loading those of us who were left. I struggled through, but all the while I started job hunting & putting out applications for higher pay. Oh, and of course I realized it's Walmart, I knew it wouldn't be perfect. But I did meet several great people.

Well now I'm an employee of the United States Postal Service.A very interesting place to work, but a very odd system they have. Career jobs & non-career jobs. What? So technically when you're hired you're only a substitute for a permanent "career" person. And you can't get a "career" job until someone else leaves and your name is up on the seniority list. And you can only move up into the "class" position you were hired into. I was hired as an RCA (Rural Carrier Associate) so if a city carrier job became open I can't get it. When I was hired there was 3 of us (subs or non-career employees), one recently moved up to a career job and got her own route. She has worked there for 12 years, and the other sub that is now ahead of me has been there nine. Wow... crazy length of time to wait. Yes the pay is decent, but boy do you work hard and fast for that pay!! I'll get into that some other day.

The best part of the day when I'm working is seeing everyone's dogs. Yes! That's the part I love. I always take pics because technically you can't deliver where there is a loose dog. So I always get out my phone and take their picture or take the picture of any other obstacle I come across. Proof is in the picture right?!

Well I must get some weeding done out in my gardens... They're trying to take over - oh my!
And I will leave with some of the cute pups I have met at work...
He just wanted to say "Hi, How are you doin'?"

This little sweetie laid there the whole time & wagged... A distraction I soon learned... 

When I felt comfortable that the pup under the tree wasn't moving I went to put the package by the house & see these two coming around the back corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment